The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Thursday, September 14, 2006

shmush of shakespeare and frigging pink ipods



Tom, Keval, Laura, Vanny and i went to see Hamlet last night at the Civic in Jo'burg. 'twas put on by the SABT and it was wonderfully wonderful!

my main problem was that it's been yonks since i last read hamlet ... absolute frigging ages and so i kept thinking random thoughts like "when are the witches getting here?" (hahahah go macbeth!) but luckily we had the ever intellectual Laura and Kev to whisper stuff to us.

it was a lovely lovely ballet! as annabel (yo sup Raw?) pointed out to me and i agree with completely - it was nice to have such a masuline ballet. usually a la the nutcracker / swan lake, it's all feminine with lots of prancing and twirling, which is beautiful and i wish wish wish i could do without injuring myself and/or someone else, but quite often the guys are neglected a little. not in hamlet - and it is so beautiful to see these guys suspend themselves in the air and leap and bound about. its so skillful.

Quote of the day by some french dude in some new will farrell movie : "so you have a country that gave us george bush. and a country that gave us the menage a trois ... game over."

i'm all irrit. i say for like a year 'i want a pink ipod' and people would shoot me down 'sarah there's no such thing just get one and buy a pink cover' and so eventually, like 3 weeks ago (!) i relent and buy one (and by buy one, i mean guilt uncle pete into buying me one) and what do they release in the states today?? a frigging pink frigging ipod. i should sue. grande feo travestido.

7 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

here's an interesting question for you: imagine the cast of Lost dancing in 'Lost: the ballet'
who's the first character you visualise and what are they wearing?

I think that would give us a great deal of insight into our minds!

P.S. He's blond. It's the BSc-doesn't-see-sunlight-so-very-dark blond, but blond nonetheless.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

I R sorrow.

I understand your frustrations. But you must realise that it is the price you pay for having such deep foresight and wisdom about the things to come...

I'm with Helen and Pinky on this one...(BLONDE!!!)

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

luke if you start calling me PINKY, I will never ever ever speak to you ever again. And then you would cry.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

That's a horrible thing to say, Pinky. You wouldn't do that, you're too nice!

12:24 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

hee hee smirk just asked me a question!
yay

and now reading all these comments and he's sitting opposite me and i'm canning inside because i wonder what he'd think if he knew he was all over this blog!

dang nabbit!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaahhhh i feel special
mentioned on sarah's blog!!
wawaweewa
i am glad you liked it raw i liked i too. i like coffee raw tea raw i liked hamlet more.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didn't see the pink iPod like you have pictured here (the new nanos are alluminum here in America), but I can relate. I HAD to have a green one. I'm a sucker for color.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home