The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

nothing much, but procrastination



Shaks found an awesome book the other day - which has 100 great works of literature written in haiku (by David M Bader)

Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita

Lecherous linguist –
he lays low and is laid low
after laying Lo.

(this one we dedicate to the cute, but slightly older man who frequents our book store ... he he he)

Geoffrey Chaucer - The Canterbury Tales

Pilgrimmes on spryng braecke –
roadde trippe! Whoe farrtted? Yiuw didde.
Noe, naught meae. Yaes, yiuw.

and this one reminds me of that lovely 3 hour english 2 exam i wrote, translating Chaucer into 'english'... at the time i wanted to hit myself over the head with a sledge hammer.

my meeting with my supervisor was a disaster. but i think i'm fixing it...hold thumbs again!

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I commented first!
I like the Chaucer one! Goof luck with the supervisor. Just remember he's getting paid to supervise you, so technically HE works for YOU! (please never tell my supervisor I said that!)

1:21 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Well done Helen...once again you have demostrated your truely amazing skill with the English language.

I really shouldn't be ripping you off about this because I can't spell to save my life at all!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Photo is on the way!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Hey all!

Sarah just found the most hysterical blog!

vivalashameless.blogspot.com

7:11 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

it's so funny! And true!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home