The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Monday, September 04, 2006

i think i have a piece of 'weirdo flypaper' attached to my back


no ... really... i meet some odd odd people. the kind of people who, when drunk, walk up to me, chuck me on the chin and say "sigh... don't let boys play with you... you're a real lady." and then wait for me to cry and say "oh boy... you are amazing and have just saved my innocence. thank you." . i hate it when people chuck me on the chin. it's almost as bad when people call me 'girlie'... grrrr

i guess i'm off on this tangent because i met quite a few oddballs this weekend and it reminded me of the time a little while back when i was helping out a friend (hola Sarah #1) @ a party bus do she was arranging and i was marshalling a bus with vanny - well, because i also have a very large piece of 'flypaper for disaster' stuck on with superglue, we got the bus that crashed into something and lost a bumper, had a fight where a boy broke a window and had a broken door that kept swinging open. i had to stand next to this door and at one stage i almost fell out - i was practically swung out over the highway and, luckily, we had some ambulance driver on our bus and he swooped over and rescued me. unfortunately he also had a rather sweet but rather outdated idea that rescuing my life then also made me his life long concubine (rather like he had taken lessons from the king of swaziland). it was disturbing. and once he had got the idea that i wasn't interested (probably because i strongly hinted that by saying 'just get the idea into your head! i'm not interested!") he moved onto the idea that all my friends were also his... sorry vanny!

anyway, this weekend also involved two very famous, but not very successful pickup lines -

the overused and frankly transparent "sorry but do you have a light?"

and "hey baby ... i'm a cop... and i'm undercover ... under your cover"

let's hope these are never used again. My favourite ever pickup line... well... i guess you can't say 'favourite ever' about a pickup line (bleugh)... it was certainly the most original. I was at a nursery with my gran - she buys plants... it's boring...- and some guy was all about the smoothness and dropped "hey... wanna help me sow my seeds?" i canned for about 5 minutes (him wilting by the second) until my (admittedly bitchy) comeback "sorry, but i'm not really that into helping weeds overpopulate the earth"

So - lesson for the week - pickup lines are dumb. really. i'm sure it even says something to that effect in the bible.

Azerbaijan - Baku
Bahamas - Nassau
Bahrain - Manama
Bangladesh - Dhaka
Barbados - Bridgetown

oh no! i just read that steve irwin died (that aussie crocodile hunter) this morning...how awful...

"Irwin was killed by a stingray barb to the heart on Batt Reef, off the remote resort town of Port Douglas in northeastern Queensland state, his wildlife park Australia Zoo said in a statement."

i always kinda thought he was invincible

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello

YAY, the first ones on this post.
Caitlin is very offended that you called her a poppie!
I'm very glad that you noted me as #1! So we have mixed feelings here.

Sarah and Caitlin

6:15 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I can't believe he died! That's so sad. And very ironic.

I sucks that everyone's gone on fieldwork :( I want to go too!!!!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumour has it that Steve Irwin has brought out a new sun block. It protects you from harmfull rays.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

That's shocking!

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home