The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Friday, September 01, 2006

just a quick friendly hint and they think they might've cured cancer

Hint : when typing, make sure you edit yourself. I was typing on the gmail chat facility with Stuey (what's up Jonny??) from class and because I was typing so quickly (typing fundi that i am) i typed in 'hey don't inslut me" instead of insult... which could have been embarrassing if Stuey and I didn't go so way back (he's down wit it)

which reminded me of the time a friend's now exgirlfriend hated my guts because i was spending too much time with him (for pete's sake) and her family would look at me really funny in shopping malls and i yelled out "i am not a straw hut!" instead of Whore Slut ... (yess STUEY i know i told you a different version of this tale, but it turns out the version i told you was an unintentional lie and Van and Luke reminded me of the truth so this is the real one)

oh yes - some scientist yanks have cured some people from skin cancer by using their own modified genes... i though it was awesome until i saw the angry people jumping up and down in the street menacingly brandishing posters in protest and i realise that i might have missed the gene research angry boat. It's not stem cell research, which i understand some people find has religious connotations, so what's the deal? will someone please tell me??

i am such a fence sitter.... it's great... :)

have a good weekend people! xx

6 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Yay I get to comment first! I thought that stem-cell research was ok now because they found stem cells in mammal hearts (in little pockets around the veins or something) so they don't need to use fetus stem cells anymore. So then it's ok isn't it? Although that's depending entirely on an article I was reading in Scientific American while I was waiting for an appointment. So correct me if I'm wrong, which is very possible!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the problem is that being able to do so much good is unchristian or somesuch equally retarded rubbish. Something about using our own bodies (read: flesh and blood) to heal somebody else. To the Christian right it really doesn't matter how morally comfortable it is, the moment 'stem cell' is mentioned they begin to froth at the mouth.

Myself I have such a low opinion of the human race in the first, I don't think we're worth saving at all!

Except us, we're awesome, typos and all.

Right Cynic mode off, I'm going to see the sea!

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat was sitting in a wooden box on my window sill like some disillusioned fetus and now he has run away. As I noticed this it got me thinking about how I paradoxically love myself intensely and yet I cannot find a single strand of worthiness in myself.

Any suggestions?

5:31 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Dear Bradrowland007

you sound like a friend of mine (whose identity i shalt not reveal) who likes to play tricks on me.

but if you are not, and you really need help, dr sarah says -

"dear i love myself but my cat runs away

cats are inately private creatures. do not take his departure as personal. unless, for some reason, he just doesn't much care for you.

If you cannot find a "single strand of worthiness" in yourself, it's probably because you have failed to enhance your natural talents. Perhaps take a pottery class or join a date service?"

love dr sarah

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you see the wooden box is a metaphor. Get it?

It's the death instinct that drives him to hide in the womb.

The cats not running away from me, its running away from life.

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sé, did you order me a hawaian pizza?

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home