The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Friday, September 22, 2006

there is nothing i like more than speaking in acronyms

i am indonesia!

in tomorrow's model UN debate, shaks and i were thrown a last minute invite to represent indonesia (we were originally only allowed to participate in next week's inter-varsity because my post as academic director kinda disqualified me). so i am doing some last minute research for my speech. it's not like i've ever done research before the night before anything anyway, but its the whole mental preparation thing i'm lacking.

anyhoo - i get to throw in some wicked abbreviations - ASEAN, G4, G20, G33, OCED, PRSPs, DDP. AFTA, COMESA, ICITO, MERCOSUR and even though i need to google some of them to see what they mean, they make me feel very intellectual

and that's all that counts

ps - hmmmm.... i had a ps to put in but now i can't remember what it was... oh well

9 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Acronyms rule...

Glad you got to be Indonesia!

I'm off to a meeting!

It WILL suck...

5:41 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

First comment! Hooray!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I really appreciated this FAIP. You really have a WWW. Thanks for LACOMB.

Peace,
Jeff

7:59 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

care to translate that so I don't have to google it? Anyone?

1:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i'm pretty sure that FAIP stands for: "Foundation of Aquatic Injury Prevention"

WWW means: "Wierd Wacky Womanhood"

and LACOMB means:
"Laughing and comenting on my blog"

don't worry about thanking me.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Wow Trav', you are a fountain of knowledge...

12:22 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I will anyway, thanks travis!
I'm EGFTK (eternally grateful for that knowledge).

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you came 3rd (after 1 day prep...you're awesome)

8:48 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

oooookaaaaay

;) thanks for that jeffy, i admit i don't have a flying clue what you're on about, but i appreciate you joining in on the acronym-ing of the world. it could really take off i rate!

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home