The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Monday, May 07, 2007

a hommage

as with all human nature, i am experiencing a completely inexplicable emotion. i miss the book store of doom. i know i've left behind a semi-abusive, unhappy work environment, but (some might see it as a sort of 'grass-is-greener' syndrome) i yearn for the good old days ;) (yikes! a stereotype)

i think because i'm in no-man's land at the moment. very little wits. no work. just waiting in july so i can start a new phase and i suppose, if i force myself to psychoanalyse things, then i miss the whole 'group' mentality of my old routine

some things i miss about the book store:

  • the books. i'm a nerd. bite me

  • meeting people - a la ipodboy, not jevons dad, waldimar, damon berry (good old damon with his exciting-ness) ... the beauty of working in the customer service industry is that you can meet just about anybody anytime.

  • shakti's marriage proposals and gifts from people such as psycho johnny... those were the days, huh rina? how ever will you find a significant other NOW? especially one so generous and frequent with his visitations... ;

  • rides with thomas. AND the pudding! oh the pudding!
and that is all for another installment of things that are not particularly interesting, but i hanker to record them anyway


4)

9 Comments:

Blogger Ikumi said...

oh my..., Sarah, we have almost identical blogsite!!!!!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Chai said...

So are you just like sleeping and watching TV till July?

10:03 PM  
Blogger Triggermap said...

Heya. Maybe the bookstore was a comfort zone of sorts - with this free time you have now, you can read all those books on your backlog list, watch movies at 10 am etc. hehe

P.S. When you off to Japan? I will be there mid-june to the beginning of July

1:03 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

no! i am still at wits teaching first year politics until i go. and doing a bunch of Model UN stuff for inter varsity that we are hosting ... so i'm not comletely numbed to the thought of work!
;)

but ... i wish... sleeping and tv ... mmmmm ;)

2:24 AM  
Blogger Triggermap said...

Lol, good to know :)

P.S. Check your facebook. I is being bold, hehe.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Sad times Se...

We do miss your random 'You will not beileve what happened to me yesterday at work!' stories.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gonna make me cry. :(

I miss the bookstore too!

Life just isn't the same without it.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

Sarah! I know this has nothing to do with your post but after seeing your photos and stuff today, I feel like I'll burst unless I tell you this. I'm SO excited about Japan for you! It looks so awesome! You are so lucky! You'll have such a blast and, SNOW!!!Need I say more!? If I can, I'm totally coming to visit you! WOW!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I know what you mean, I'm terrified of leavingt the videosptore for the same reasons! (except the proposals. And Shakti because she doesn't work there).

I miss seeing you guys, it's just too scary to try get through all those locked doors! You must let me know when you're around! and we must go for movies and pudding! I have hot chocolate in the lab... :)

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home