The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Thursday, December 28, 2006

i never ever keep resolutions BUT...

... THIS will be the year i do!! and i say that every single year. and i never keep any of them. but this year will be different. know why? i'll tell you - its because this year (2006) was the first year ever that i didnt open a single christmas pressie before christmas morning. you see, my family has that annoying habit of celebrating christmas on christmas eve and we open all our family pressies on the eve. and now that i am too old for father christmas to visit me. i dont get anything to open on christmas day (which is sooo wrong according to my materialist side) and so this year i decided to collect whatever friend presents i got (which was a LOT thanks everyone!) and open them christmas morning. suffice to say, every single morning over coffee was a battle. a battle so forceful it tore me apart. frugal idealist sarah vs impatient gimme gimme sarah. these two characters have battled it out MANY a time before and i am ashamed to say, impatience always won. but this time i took not even one single peek! not one! and so now i am trying to make resolutions that i will be able to keep in my newly found age of determination!

so far i will

i) be a nicer person... vague i know... but i have DEFINITE room for improvement and i think vagueness is good for this kind of resolution because then i can expand it into everything!

ii) be healthier ... this HAS to be the most common resolution of all time

iii) learn how to drive ... my BIGGEST grievance and obstinate fear in life... i think i'll need help!

iv) be better with money ... i'm TERRIBLE. i need to be more aware of what i do with money

v) stop being a pansy ... i need to take more risks

vi) study with resolve ... i float on by ... i need to be concrete in my learning and i plan on becoming well read in :
- genocide
- climate change and
- classic novels

vii) start singing again ... i would like to take professional singing lessons again ... it's been years

viii) get cath to teach me the basics of the violin

what are all your resolutions?

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I'll teach you the basics of the viola if I can remember!

Well done on not opening presents! I nearly made it but then I opened all the friend-presents on Christmas ever while I was waiting for midnight mass...

I'll post a list of resolutions whenever I can figure them out.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Good luck on the resolutions!

And as my official position on the matter...you don't NEED singing lessons! You sing beautifully!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home