The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Friday, October 27, 2006

thomas says i am boring

no really

he just sat down and told me that nobody wants to read my blog because it is boring... well, thomas! you can bite me, bambi!

and so here goes the story of why tom shows me such animosity -

it all started when we were about 11 years old and at school together and tommy dear decided to give me a valentine. well, suffice to say, i felt abhorred by this. i have no idea why, but i needed to do something about it. so i proceeded to flush it down the toilet. and so, ever since then, tom has sworn off the fairer sex (for ever...) and has been really really mean to me. and i think it's about time it stops! ;)

it is finally raining. for about 3 days now, it's been really hot - around 35 degrees - and i have been dying. irish catholic skin never bodes well for heat and i have been lying on my bed, in front of my fan, whittling the nights away. couldnt go to fuel cafe. couldnt go for drinks. and now, bless the heavens for they have opened and i can hear the thunder through the thin walls of our shop. it reminds me of the time we got lost in the arabian desert on our way back from an illegal bottle store and it began to POUR and we switched dave's GPRS on hin his car and it said 'you are in the arabian gulf' and we said 'yes thats nice, but that is the ocean and we are not there'

the end

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gawd.....

a) i never said your BLOG was boring. all i meant... (ghhh - such a drama queen)... was that the post below was not conducive to comments.

b) now you all know how mean Sarah was. WAS. she has now totally changed, and is a beautiful flourishing bountiful flower.

c) except when Zenzi pisses her off. then she becomes a machine of anger, and you do not wish to cross paths with her. I don't think Zenzi realises what he is in for, because i think he has pissed her off royally. Zenzi, for those of you who don't know, is a fellow bookseller. I shant pass judgement on him, because this would be an abuse of me in my official capacity as his supervisor.

d)haha. you'll be reading this at work I guess. i'm not working today. ha ha. ha ha ha ha.

e) i think her boyfriend has the hots for her. just hope he doesn't give her a valentine.... ;-)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Sarah,
you are definately NOT boring! The only reason we aren't commenting is because you've been so quiet!

Speaking of which, it's SO boring at wits, nobody comes in anymore. All I have to talk to is the Australian, and he's leaving next week :( so I'll have nobody to make me laugh and then I'll have to go have a melt-down in front of my supervisor and he won't be very sympathetic because it's 6 days to hand-in and I don't have a first complete draft yet :(

How did you flush a valentine? doesn't paper float?

1:25 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

And Helen will miss seeing the Ozzie's rippling body as he gets naked behind her...

HA HA HA HA HA!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Sorry Helen, I couldn't resist...:)

4:01 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Uh... no.
You suck Luke! You're just jealous that I had an amazingly embarassing and awkward experience without you...
Snitchel

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Schnitzel for crap's sake! Can't you read woman!? It's pronounced shnit-sil!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

that's what I said. Snitchel.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

wow. i can't imagine suffering from the heat now. not that i haven't been there, but it's nice and fall-like here in korea. cool. we have to turn on the heated floor sometimes.

do you have 4 seasons in south africa?

i returned from taiwan, where it was rainy and a bit tropical feeling. they have amazing fruits. amazing. anyway...i've diverged.

what i was meaning to say was that i found that i missed you and helen a bit. this term i think i'll have more time. maybe i can keep up in the blog world. i like your stories. they're very fun.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home