The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Friday, October 20, 2006

15 random things about me

i’ve been tagged
and i now tag helen ... hahahahahahahaaa


i) i find the post office to be one scary place. dono why there’s just something about it that yells ‘protect yourself!’ at me

ii) i have 2 birth certificates and 2 id numbers. it’s like the world is trying to persuade me to be schizophrenic

iii) i love watching award shows … for anything. They once had some award thingy on this Chinese channel for Chinese soap stars. That was awesome. Didn’t understand what was going on, but that’s the beauty of soap stars… their eyebrows tell stories.

iv) I’ve never shoplifted. Except when I was shopping at woolworths once, they didn’t charge me for something and I noticed at the end, but was in a hurry and didn’t go back and tell them and was wracked with guilt. So I went back the next day and asked them to let me pay and they said no it was their mistake, yet I still feel guilty…

v) They misdiagnosed me with a heart problem when I was younger and had to go on some trial medication and after a few months they realised there was nothing wrong with me and took me off it. But, the side effects of this drug still live on : my skin is very very sensitive and so I burn immediately. That coupled with the history of skin cancer in my family means that I tend to stay out of the sun and cover up a lot.

vi) I thought I was so super smart in Grade 11 when I did a 3rd year diploma in Latin from the University of Pretoria. However, I got there to write the exam in November and found myself surrounded by little home schooled 12 year olds who were all completing degrees and felt like a numbnut.

vii) For some reason people I know are all jumping on the ‘star in an advert’ bandwagon. Warren (the bouncer) is ‘cheesy crowd man’ in the annoying vodacom meerkat breakdancing ad. Damon is ‘watching tv’ man in the aero chunky ad. And that’s only in the past week.

viii) the last time I set something on fire was last night. I was at vanny’s house reading her newspaper and I set it alight on the stove.

ix) I have set myself on fire before. 4 times.

x) I could speak Zulu before I could speak English… my mom was a Zulu teacher (amongst others) but I’ve lost it all

xi) If I had known the last musical theatre production I was in was going to be my last for a while, I would have made a concerted effort to enjoy it more. I miss it.

xii) All of the major injuries I have sustained have been caused by me dancing around the house to songs such as the Ghostbusters Theme Song, The Grease Soundtrack and the classic hit ‘Cant Touch This’ and falling off the couch in the process.

xiii) My eyesight is so bad (contact lenses) that my hearing ability evolved to make up for it (no seriously). I can hear about 2 decibels above and one below normal humans. I also boast an excellent ability to eavesdrop.

xiv) I have a lot of grey hair. I pull it out. Or make mike do it.

xv) My passion in life is genocide and that sounds odd. When I’d go to class I’d say ‘oh goody I have genocide now’ and people would look at me funny. So I now make a concerted effort to say ‘genocide prevention’ makes me seem less of a rogue… I think

4 Comments:

Blogger Luke said...

Oh my gas! I could also speak Zulu as a kid! I can't remember a thing now but I apparently could. It was coz I had a best friend who was Zulu. He left when I was 3 or something and my Zulu has never recovered...

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[quote]ix) I have set myself on fire before. 4 times.[/quote]

That's awesome! I once burnt down my back garden when I was a wee lad. Admittedly it was a joint effort between me and my brother, but still, it's a proud moment when you destroy an acre or 2 of garden!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

15 reasons why I love Sarah! You are sooooo awesome :)

p.s. there are a whole lot more reasons why i love her but there is only so much space on a blog comment thing ;)

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um.. hello? i lived with you and i had no idea you did that latin thing. was i just high or passing our secret book to mel because i was such a little turd head as a kid? and yes even though that last comment was a joke i do honestly feel so unbelievabley bad about that to this day.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home