The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

oddish night happenings


rufus the naked mole rat from kim possible ... especially for helen and lucas for they love these little things so ...












i have been having the oddest of the odd dreams lately!

firstly, we were in my street (and by we i mean a whole bunch of people such as you AP&ES people, mary marx,my gran, the woman who won the nobel peace prize and who is stuck under house arrest in myanmar and sandwhich boy) and all of a sudden the weird Big Haired Boy who hangs out in the coffee shop next to my book store came and wanted to hang out with us and all of a sudden he was laughing and then he shot me in the leg with a tranquiliser gun. odd. i hope its not a premonition because i dont see any obvious reason as to why this act would help him or me.

anyhoo, then I was at a Quidditch match (!) and sitting in the highest part of the stadium when all of a sudden O'Hottie was sitting next to me crying his eyes out (because he is not at all a big manly rugby player in real life!) because his girlfriend the physio was helping the Griffindor team and he didnt want her to. I missed the whole match trying to comfort his snivelling.

Then last night , i was at a world MUN competition and i had forgotten to write my opening statement and we were Albania and going first and i had to make something up. This has almost happened in real life. i can never prepare speeches ahead of time. i just cant. Vanny thinks this dream is to do with a fear of being unprepared that stemmed from my family giving me a 'talking to' the other day about how i 'have no direction' and how 'doing my masters is just taking the easy way out'... i was like excuuuuuuse me you travestido's, but i am having to take an entire year off in the middle of my masters in order for me to stay sane and actually do research and not have burnout! cut me some slack people! i at least have a plan for the next 3 years... and i keep trying to explain to them that i cant have an exact plan in steps and time frames for my entire life because so much depends on other people and job opportunities that crop up! so , please, dear souls, console me and tell me how you all have no direction or how you didnt have much direction when you were 22 ... i need a good nights sleep and cant if i'm dreaming odd things! so i need to know i'm not all alone in this world of chance where preparation is not king, but purely a cleaner of the bathroom

12 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

our mole-rats totally have hair! He's cute though, I'd love to see a naked mole-rat!

I'm doing stats again!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Triggermap said...

Posting on your blog feels like stalking because I come into your shop (although, you never serve me, Tom does). Still I read your blog, so its stalking anyway...

Anyway, I am posting cause of your last paragraph: you seem like you have your head on straight and have a broad plan which is alot more than most at 22, 32, 42,... It seems the pressure of family nagging you is getting to you - they're trying to help (I hope) but it only stresses you out more because you can't prove your plan is right to them beforehand and its feels like they don't trust you to make the right choices for yourself, when you (assuming here because I don't know you from a bar of soap) haven't given them a reason to. So stick to your guns and don't give in/out/up...

Short term solution you need an outlet like a punching bag...

Back into lurk mode...

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^ Interrresting...

Do I provide good service, or bad service? And be dead honest. :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger Triggermap said...

Todays lesson : never use the word "serve" where a double entendre may exist:P

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nobody ever knows where they're going in life...they may think they do...they might have some "plan"...or "course" laid out...but they can't ever really be sure of it...cause life is always twisted like that...the wannabe doctors end up becoming kick ass architects...the junkies become cops who take down junkies...the socially disadvantaged become rock stars everyone wants to sleep with...and the not so gifted become presidents...the best anyone can ever really do is strive for what they want in life and work hard to make that aspiration a reality...95% of the time the striving and hard work usually pays off...older generations don't seem to grasp this logic because back in their day life was so predictable...fortunately for us...tv now has color...

8:31 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

"the not so gifted become presidents"

hee hee!

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Todays lesson : never use the word "serve" where a double entendre may exist:P "

oh poo... sorry. :(

I'm a bad bookseller.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. . . I graduated in 2003 with a degree in psychology and now I'm teaching English in South Korea (and pretty much have know clue how to teach, this is my first time). I've worked in the bike industry at a bike shop and as a professional wheel builder (it is a lost art might I add). I'm finishing here in S.K. at the end of Feb. and I'm taking some time to go to New Zealand (that's the plan anyway) to "figure some things out" and I still have no clue what I want to do. Right now it is a toss up between getting my Master's in Divinity or getting my Master's in Counseling. Or. . . neither. Working in a bike shop sounds nice too. So, I'm just as clueless at 26 as I was at 22. Hope this helps.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Triggermap said...

"oh poo... sorry. :(

I'm a bad bookseller. "

No, the lesson was for me, lol. Sorry, I talk to myself like that - yet another reason you guys would have me committed...

Sarah - hope you feeling less shaky after all this good advice from travis and miss bee:)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Don't sweat it Sarah! I don't really have aplan for what I'm gonna do with my life.It just so happened that I got the masters project I did.You are fine!

Ignore the family if they are getting you down. After all, you are the one who has to live the rest of your life so it makes the most sense to leave the decision on how you are going to do it, UP TO YOU! I know you fairly well and I am 100% certain that you will find something!You always do...

So, bottom-line:

Do not worry! It'll all work out in the end!

Aside: 'Bottom' Hee hee hee

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A totally unhelpful, nonstalker, advice giving comment:

I was in your dream!

good times!

Also been having weird dreams, but mine are weird good cos i wake up giggling!

Ah... Freud only wishes he could analyse my dreams!

he he!

4:42 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

thank you all!

noddy badges all round (i once actually found a shop that sold noddy badges... need to find them again!) for being good people

i feel hundreds about everything

actually have a few more ideas for life that will keep me busy. its the having of ideas thats easy, but the doing of stuff thats hard! delegation! ;)

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home