The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

solving the worlds problems in a single afternoon

i have this great professor who , when faced with anything - a wayward essay, a frantic student, potential destruction of the entire universe, he takes it, makes a few jokes and then tells us his plans to fix it

yesterday in class we had a discussion about north korea (who, like i've said before, i have a soft spot for because of the debates that shaks and i have represented them at. when you start thinking like a rogue, you start loving them) and nuclear weaponry. considering that in my other class, we basically have to solve the iranian nuclear crisis in order to get an A and my professor (damn him!!) thought it funny to make ME represent AMERICA hahahahaa bite me (yes i am taking the personality of john bolton) , i have a LOT to say on nuclear technology (say 'iranian uranium' 10 times fast) yesterday was my cup of tea

however, we got to discussing about how the DPRK could destroy Seoul in like 20 minutes and it made me slightly edgy... i'm not all for the complete destruction of 10 million people. and so - we fixed it. we have 2 really great ideas (no johnny, i'm not accrediting your 'lets bomb them!!' to this pile! bah hah hah) to solve the whole problem. i obviously cant tell you these plans because they are top secret and all that jazz, but i left that class with a sense of accomplishment and slept easy.... defenders of the world! ;)

and now one of these defender people has to go and teach her last ever 1st year class. slightly sad. but not really.

shout out to mariks! howdy hi old chum!

10 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

have fun imparting all that great knowledge! and giving out Caramello bears!

The Australian just tried to say 'goggo'! I AM VICTORIOUS!!!
(it was pretty terrible!)

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, you seem to sound surprised about solving the world's problems in a day: if i remember correctlty, my friend you have this wonderful optimistic view of life (you still think its easy to start an NGO)...you try fix the world's problems everyday and i love it!!!

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^ She DOES think it's easy to start an NGO, hey?

"3 Easy Steps to Starting an NGO" - by Sarah-Jane C. Richmond.

1. Think up a name
2. Get money
3. Start it

I think it's fabulously cute. :)

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah I'm the horrible Lord of War! But still, I'm of the opinion that NK will escalate to the stage where we're going to have to start thinking of it in terms of losses.

If nobody's going to do anything, sanctions are a dismal failure (as always!) and negotiations are unviable for almost every major state involved, then nothing will happen other than the status quo.

"History is littered with wars we knew would never happen" - Enoch Powell

'Nuff Said

We could parachute in some peanut butter though. It's tasty AND nutritious, and absolutely anti-establishment. Kim Jong will be ousted in a matter of hours once his people have (literally) tasted freedom.

Someone should make me president. Seriously. I'm THAT good.

8:14 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

i would vote for you

no seriously

i mean, it depends whether you or patricia de lille offer to name your first conquered territory after me .... bidding opens now!

(Isle de Sarah ... Sarahville.... ahhhhhh place of dreams!)

11:13 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I think we should rename Autralia. We could have the capital city of 'Goggo'in the province of 'Gat in die Botter' You could have Queensland (Sarah-land). Also leaving space for 'Pantoffelville' and 'Blikesem'

Imagione the newsreaders!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

And Gatvol! Although that could make people angry...

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

save me quickly!!!

the other day, there was a festival in Wonju, South Korea (where I live). Wonju is the biggest and most important military post in South Korea and either second on the list (after Seoul) for bombing. Possibly first.

Anyways, they had fire works for the festival. It happened to be the same day that North K. tested the nuclear bomb.

I was a little edgey to say the least.

Yesterday they had a practice air raid siren drill. Freaky. I didn't know that it was a practice so I called my school. Just to check.

They laughed at me.

All I know is that if I get nuked I want to be at the hypocenter. No walking around dazed and burned for me. Take me out quickly.

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh don't worry, the simple flash of the explosion will sear your retina, so you won't see a thing!

Also the shockwave will break every bone in your body and the internal bleeding will kill you much quicker than the actual burny bits.

Sooo, how's South Korea going? You should immigrate to South Africa. We have biltong, and no cities on a 'to nuke' list ;)

Sarah you can have the capital named after you. It's my special gift :D

12:42 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

i am so glad you came up with an alternate solution because i LIVE in seoul. phew.~

2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home