The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Saturday, October 07, 2006

things people have said to me today at the book store

"excuse me, but since you dont have this book in stock, please would you check which libraries in the vacinity would have it?" no... i'm not going to do that

"hi... where are all the books written by indian authors in ... hmmm ... about the sixth century?" why yes... let me lead you to that section

"hi ... i am looking for books. please follow me around the store with a piece of paper and write all the titles i like down?" says a woman ignoring the fact that there are 2 of us at the counter and about 16 customers in a queue

(and now blogger is stuck on italics ... i broke it ... grrr)

"i don't know the title ... or the author... or what it's about ... but i'm looking for a book ... i think the author might have the name caitlin somewhere" ... well my second name is caitlin ... maybe you want something i've written?

me : "hi sir ... blah blah blah ... what do you do for a living?"
him : "i'm a mercenary"
another one!

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Maybe there's a mercenary convention in Killarney?

Please can you tell me which shop you got those earrings for Nes's birthday! I have to get an engagement present for Carla...

just wanted to ask before I forgot!

I finished measuring lizards today! The last one bit me. On the nose. No, I don't know how. He nearly got away and I caught him and gave him a talking to, and he lunged and bit. I bled a lot. Please don't laugh!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If there's a merc convention in Killarny, where was my invite?

Sadface :(

10:10 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Sarah! Your credibility is going to go if you keep running into mercenaries! No one will believe that you have met that many!

Btw, that story you sent me about the dead people getting married in China...very odd...

Helen got bitten on the nose by one of her test subjects! Chuckle, chuckle...

3:25 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

johnny boy,

if there was a merc convention, the only reason that you weren't invited is because they wanted to plan a suprise party for you or something.

seriously, you're their leader

ps your dad's holiday placey sounds AWESOME!

xx

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home