The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

an ode to my flash

i am saddened for i cannot find my flash disk. and whilst its probably not very constructive to love a piece of technology, i loved that thing. it flipped out when you pressed a button and had an awesome flashing light every time you did something cool. sigh. farewell dear flash. i hope you find someone that will give you a good home and only save cool things in your large memory (such as the calvin & hobbes collection we shared). farewell.

anyway, onto happier things - i am LOVING the book i am reading - 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close'... working my student job at the book shop allows me to read a lot of twaddle, but once in a while i come across something really great. anybody looking for something to do (ahahahaa - if there actually is anyone apart from me with a smidgen of free time... i complained about having to hand my thesis in so early and then laughed when everyone started having to graft hard but now i'm just bemoaning the loneliness that comes with being the only one with nothing to do and no exams to write... hmmm ... that sentence was supposed to make everyone feel sorry for me, but i think it might have the opposite effect, anyway ... i digress) if anyone is looking for something , read this book. i understand it might not be everyone's cup of earl grey breakfast tea, but i'd like to hear what everyone thinks. I read two pages of it to Vanny and her boyfriend The Brain, and they enjoyed it! so lets go folks! get out those bifocals!

Hmmm there was something else i wanted to say ... but now.... i cant remember so i'm going to have to talk about something else : for example the electricity board in jo'burg! they have to be the most incompetent people on the face of the planet (let's all take a minute of silence to hope that these people never have the opportunity to breed) and they have done something incredibly dumb and irritating to vanny's electricity and i wish to send my heartfelt sympathy to her and the rest of her clan. Do you know how irritating it is to live without electricity when you have to write your thesis? and its all fine and dandy pretending to be Laura Ingalls Wilder a la Little House on the Prairie for about ten minutes, and then you end up singeing your hair on the candle and realise that you can't watch the news and something exciting could be happening and suddenly its not all that happy. I remember my uncle dave's last house that we ended up house sitting for an extended period of time (3 years) while he earnt millions and flounced about builing skyscrapers in Arabia and the police came to the house one day and there was all this hoo-hah about electricity and my brother and gran had to go fix it at the police station and at the Council for Water and Lights in the middle of town and they left me at home to study and my gran's parting words were 'if the police come here and need to take someone in for questioning and since you are the only person here, they take you, don't tell them anything about the mafia... and lock the kitchen door before you go' ... don't tell them anything about the mafia? turns out uncle dave had inadvertedly bought this house from the Israeli mafia that had had to flee the country and they had an illegal generator on the property. that was an interesting day.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!...dear Lord you remind me of myself...except i got outta africa like 2 years ago...after 5 years of hot hot sun...but i intend to go back for the world cup!...anyway...i'm blabbing...what i really wanted to know was what was the name of your flash disk?...it sounds awesome...

12:37 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Those 'water and lights' people MUST NOT BREED!!! Did you take nothing from our conversation on the amazing ability of stupid incompetent people to breed?!

...Oh, wait...that was someone else...

Never mind!;)

1:19 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

The mafia? How do all these strange things seem to happen to you? You have such an exciting life... sigh...

One day you should write your memoirs (for lack of a less dodgy word. People like The Hef (or the Hof)write 'memoirs', and we'll all read them and giggle.

1:22 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

miss bee : Hi! How are you? from whereabouts on this great big continent did you move away from? i have absolutely no idea what my flash was called. i personally called him claude, but i don't know his official title!

luke : YES it was me that you had that conversation with! how could you not remember and cherish the few words i share with you? shame on you. shame.

hels : this stuff just finds me! i swear! its like i'm a magnet for this stuff. i would love to write a book. planning on my first set of 'memoirs' between 25-27 ... maybe a few different edition? aka - the life of sarah, edition 1... etc i also had this (rather brilliant) idea of including the name of every single person i ever meet in my 'memoir' because people love seeing their own name in print, so i'll be a best seller!

p.s. what are you guys doing out of your lecture hall?

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your flash, my friend! And thanks for the sympathy re: the eclectricity. If I organise a lynch mob will you come? ;)

5:06 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

of course!

you know i love a good bout of crowd mentality to get the pulse hammering

;)

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also lost my flash disk!! I think I lost it in law library, and that was saddening. Very saddening. Or is it saddenning? No... I think it is saddening. Or how about sadenning? haha... No.

Um... I'm writing this comment to you whilst you are looking over my shoulder at work. Weird. Customer Sarah... go help him. He's asking for a magazine called Cot Sud... and now she's giving him a fake ass excuse about how magazines stopped coming in when we moved upstairs.

The ultimate bullshit... But Sarah pulls it off terribly well. :-)

Anyway, I don't think Sarah told you all how well she and Buckles did on Saturday at the intervarsity session at Tukkies. Well - she excelled. Even though they did not win, they managed to dominate the debate despite them being the neaderthallic country of Indonesia.

GOOOOOOOO Sarah.

Anyway - I better go. Sarah has gone off to find a book called the 4th Bear for someone, and she has found it! In the disastrous section called 125.

GOOOOO Sarah (again). She are employee of the week.

*mwa*

(ps... go look at MY blog bitches.. it's not fair that Sarah has only been going for about a month... yes, a month... and I have been going for about a year, and I don't get nearly as many comments as she does. Obviously my Public Relations capabilitiy is up to shite.)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

What would one read about in Cot Sud?

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

flashdisks are the worst Sarah-laria! I've lost 3 and now refuse to buy another one. Why do people steal and keep them anyways (i'm assuming yours has been stolen by now...), don't they realise that most people would gladly pay more than what it's worth just to retrieve their valuable worke (and calvin & Hobbes).

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this thing posts the wrong time! It's not 6:57AM The time is 3:50PM.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prefer the mornings. I'm normally fast asleep and blissfully ignorant of the day's miseries ahead of me!

So let's keep the time as it is! Afternoons are overrated!

7:41 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

eebee!!

you read my blog!

i feel honoured. truly ;) we know you're busy taking over the world and accessorising cars and such.

you're my favourite indian male. and thats a fact, mister!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Yes EEbEE, how come SARAH got a comment and I didn't :(
when are you going to start posting??? I went to your blog and ti said it didn't exist!

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home