The Ab Fab Life

an ab fab life is one where you survive most days defying your accident prone-ness and leave your bones unbroken, where you eat ice cream and where oprah doesn't talk about something really dumb, but gives away free stuff instead this is my ab fab-ness ;)

Saturday, January 27, 2007

a tale

Book store ... saturday morning ... an elderly indian man approaches unsuspecting book seller...

EIM : ahem are you the manager?

UBS : no sorry, she has already left

EIM : Oh then maybe you could help me?

UBS : Of course!

EIM : well, i am not from here, i am from canada and my niece, who is young, is getting married and i need to get her something. you see... she does not know very much ... anything at all ... about sex and those acts

UBS : uuuuuhhhhhh .... okaaaay - i can show you the section and you can look through the titles and see if there is something suitable

Unsuspecting Book Seller leads Elderly Indian Man to the section with Karma Sutra's and Yoga For Lovers and the like

EIM : weeell... i saw this one title over here can you come with me and tell me if it's good?

UBS : okaaaaay

EIM leads UBS Into the CHILDREN'S SECTION

EIM : this one -

hands UBS 'All American Girl : Ready or Not' by meg cabot (the woman who writes the princess diaries)

UBS : ummm this is fiction. children's fiction

EIM : yes but look at the title! 'ready or not'!?! are you sure it isn't the kind of thing i want?

UBS : No

they walk back towards the other section

EIM : ok , which one would you reccommend?

UBS : I really wouldn't know... you can browse through the titles?

there is a second of silence ... UBS takes this opportunity to run away

EIM, after 45 minutes of browsing, purchases 'Sex, Lies & Relationships'

THE END

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hoooo hoooo heeeee heee haw haw!!!

that was CLASSIC! EXCELLENT! MAGNIFICENT!!!

talking about weird customers, i just had someone put down wrapping paper on the counter, then after i had informed them of the price of the two pieces of wrapping paper (R46-00 in total), the wife screamed 'NO WAYS' and then they marched out of the store in a big puff.

and then i had to put the paper back on the rack. which irritated me.

7:18 AM  
Blogger arimich said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I thought I'd return the visit and nearly died laughing at this post. Just imagine the niece's reaction upon receiving the gift!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. that is hilarious! and i think it shows what he things of sex. how interesting.

have you seen monsoon wedding? this post reminds me of it.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

she probably knows all that stuff already, but just didn't want to shock her poor old uncle.

I'm very impressed at your handling of the situation! I would have run away a lot sooner!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

As always sarah...only you! I can't believe that you managed to pull that off! I would have been on the floor in stitches by half-way through the incident! Ten points to you for sheer perseverence!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Blob Girl said...

Ah, the days of Hell on Earth Books! I feel for you Sartjie- I really do! Missing you guys loads.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE!!!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home